Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Heart NY

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers is a love letter to New York. It tells the amazing story of a young French performer who, in 1974, walked between the Towers on a tightrope. Everytime I read this book to my son, I am overcome with emotion since it talks about a time when the Towers were there. He has lots of questions about how he did it and why he did it and why are the Towers are no longer there. And, I, of course, have no answers. I recommend this book for anyone who has a connection to New York. I also recommend the highly rated documentary of Petit's story, Man on Wire.

1 comment:

  1. Can I convince you to restart this blog, and perhaps take suggestions from your friends? I'd love to share suggestions for books to get out of the library.

    ReplyDelete